Purchase Our Most Powerful Big Block Engines Now
A 10-second car is quick, but the ZZ572/720R could achieve that with a couple of its spark plugs left in the pits. It is the king of all Rat engines and is capable of pulling your bracket racer or heads-up challenger down the 1320 in the 9-second range.
The ZZ572/720R’s true value lies in its ready-to-run status when delivered. Rather than waiting weeks for a racing engine shop to build a custom combination, we deliver the ZZ572/720R fully assembled; just bolt on the included Dominator-style 1150-cfm carburetor, along with a starter and fuel pump (not included) and you’re ready to go.
The ZZ572/720R is built with the best stuff we can find, including an all-forged rotating assembly, rectangular-port aluminum cylinder heads with 113-cc intake ports, and 2.25/1.88-inch valves. There’s also a solid roller camshaft with 0.714/0.714-inch lift.
If you’re building the ultimate dual-purpose car, the ZZ572/720R is suitable for limited forays on the street. It has a 12.0:1 compression ratio, so make sure you’ve got access to 110-octane gasoline before hitting the local cruise night!
Why Shop With Classic Chevrolet Performance Parts?
Here at ClassicChevroletPerformanceParts.com, we know regular vehicle maintenance is key to getting the ultimate performance out of your Chevrolet and we wouldn't have it any other way. We stock only high quality, genuine, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) Chevy parts for all your vehicles including the Silverado, Camaro, Corvette, Malibu, Tahoe, and more . Our Parts Professionals are standing by to answer all your inquiries. If you have any questions or need any assistance finding or confirming a part purchase, please call us at 817-251-1633 Mon. - Fri. 8AM - 5PM.
- Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped in a separate box and needs to be installed by an engine installer
- Clutch linkage boss is now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads for clearance
- Requires addition of starter, ignition coil, and fuel pump (not included)
- Gen VI tall-deck block has machined mechanical fuel pump boss
- Requires internally balanced flexplate or flywheel depending on transmission applications
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- Big sticky slicks will help hook up this monster